Software Engineer Java
You will be part of a cross-functional team of talented Developers (typically 6-10 people) working together to build microservices for the Kindred Group platform. Your expertise lies within Java development but there will be opportunity for frontend development if that’s also something you love doing. We think that you will be eager to take ownership and develop interfaces in one of our various platform areas, such as; Payment, Transactions, Authentication, Player Accounts, Gambling Services, Risk & Fraud and Regulatory Integrations.
The Tech organisation here at Kindred is driven by our company’s purpose “To transform gambling to ensure fair play, the best deal and a great experience for our players”. Kindred is one of the largest online gambling companies in the world with over 20 million customers across 100 markets. The platform supports a portfolio of twelve brands, among them Unibet, Maria Casino and iGame. We are a continuously growing and fast paced organisation.
We are 300+ employees within Tech working at five of our main locations; Stockholm, London, Malta, Gibraltar and Australia.
Some interesting facts about Tech at Kindred Group:
– We have an uptime of 99,95% across our sites
– We did 2 250 production releases last year
– Our platform consists of more than 150 micro-services
– More than 25 million transactions per day
– More than 40 game providers integrated
– More than 20 payment providers integrated
– Millions of events going daily to our big data platform
What will you be doing?
You will participate in design discussions with your colleagues to find great solutions to complex engineering challenges. We strongly believe in the “You Design it, You Build It, You Test It, You Run It, You Tweak It” ethos and everyone is expected to take part of the full system life cycle to ensure reliability and uptime of the production environment.
We like to use:
– Java, Spring, Spring Boot, JMS, Hibernate, JSON
– Oracle, Couchbase, CockroachDB
– Git, Maven, RPM, Docker
– Continuous delivery
– Best development practices
– Agile and lean values
Who you are
You find the description of this role exciting and want to build scalable software in a distributed architecture, and above all are passionate about solving challenging problems in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
You’re a positive person by nature and have a passion for what you do, putting teamwork and collaboration above all else.
You take great pride in your ability to grasp complex business scenarios and translating them in to solutions with clean and performant code.
You believe in yourself and your own abilities, but also appreciate that there is an endless ocean of new things to learn and take on board, cherishing the opportunity to do so.
What we offer
– Amazing colleagues representing more than 50 different nationalities
– Great benefits (including health benefits, private health insurance and much more)
– A great, modern office in central Stockholm
– Meet-ups, training opportunities and conferences
– Free coffee, soda and fruit all day, every day
– Friday breakfasts, regular after-works and fun events
– We are always looking for awesome people to join our family. If you are a software engineer with focus on Backend, Frontend, Test or a mix of several skills don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
For more information or the full specification please click on the ‘apply’ button and you’ll be taken to our website. From there you’ll be able to make your application and one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch shortly.
About Kindred Group
Kindred is one of the World’s largest online gaming businesses with twelve separate brands serving over 20 million customers. As an innovative company that builds on trust, we have led the led the market with our technological advancements, mobile solutions, new product launches, as well as player safety and responsible gambling improvements.