TECHNICAL ARTIST – Krakow, Poland
Yggdrasil is a fast paced gaming and platform service provider within the dynamic iGaming industry, with offices in Malta and KrakÌ_w, Poland.
The Polish Development Team was established in late July 2014, but has grown to a team of over 40. In the last five months our team has doubled and so have our obligations and support activities. Our pace of growth is projected to be the same for the remainder of 2016 and for 2017.
Looking for a challenge?
We are seeking a talented Designer and an exceptionally skilled Photoshop master in one person, able to hand-paint custom game interface elements as well as handle assets and prepare graphics for implementation. Our Polish Art Team consists of top notch Illustrators, Animators, Designers, Concept and Technical Artists. The amount of talent we have on board is unrivaled ÛÒ we only hire the best artists in the entire iGaming industry. DonÛªt believe us? LetÛªs schedule an interview and you will see for yourself!
Your task will be to design and paint interface elements and do creative re-skins of existing ones. You will use your technical knowledge to work with other artistsÛª source files and produce game ready, optimized assets. Your talent and experience will be crucial and you will be able to make a real impact on the final shape of our products and efficiency of the workflow. We are already known for our superb quality and focus on detail but we would like to push these qualities even further.
You will be part of kick-ass, cross-functional agile team consisting of Developers, Artists and Testers led by an experienced Game Producer. You will be kept busy with challenging tasks that will help you grow as a designer / digital painter. Your technical role will also help expand your knowledge of the asset workflow, Photoshop features and good practises.
- Ability to create hand-painted custom UI elements and textures in Adobe Photoshop
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and equivalent 2D authoring software
- At least 2 years of experience in creating art assets and user interfaces for games and/or other related software
- Portfolio/website demonstrating attention to detail and exceptional graphic/illustration and user interface design skills
- Strong knowledge of user interface design across multiple media platforms (web, mobile)
- Tech-oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- A positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team
Nice to have
- Knowledge of iGaming or Social Casino industry
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Previous Technical Artist experience
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Construct high quality HUDs, menu systems, buttons, and other necessary UI assets in variety of styles
- Export and optimize the images and create game-ready assets
- Collaborate with the Art Team and Client Developers to determine functionality necessary for implementing various interface/interaction solutions
- Create mockups that illustrate UI concepts
- Proactively engage in the collaborative process and provide feedback & suggestions to fellow team members
- Contribute to an evolving pipeline and assist in maintaining documentation and UI guidelines
- Stable employment within an international (currently there are people from 18 different countries in our offices!), well-established, yet extremely quick growing company
- Very friendly and intellectually stimulating working environment
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare ÛÒ Luxmed
- Benefit system ÛÒ Multisport card
- English lessons with an awesome native speaker
- Choose your own gear ÛÒ software, hardware, plugins, you name it!
- Comfortable office in the outer city centre of KrakÌ_w (Zabâocie), the cultural capital of Poland
- Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- We may ask you to do a simple test assignment first and show us your source file.