Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Our world leading online sports betting platforms have the proven capability to process over 49,000 bets per minute and weÛªre always striving to do more…. Are you up for the challenge?
Openbet works with clients where time to market is important advantage, so, our release cycles are fast, containing many different components. As a Release Engineer you are a key member of the almost 60 strong and growing development team and are central to the safe delivery of code to live, managing all aspects of code deployment and its management. An additional and equally important aspect of the role is to actively improve and streamline the release process as we move towards continuous delivery. This could include evaluation of both new tools and new techniques as well as the development of scripts
As a Release Engineer at OpenBet, your responsibilities will include:
- Provides day-to-day customer liaison as releases are deployed to pre-prod and live environments.
- Support development teams by reviewing, merging code and deploying repeatable builds
- Deployment of release bundles to pre-production and live environments.
- Compilation and review of Release Notes and Release Reports
- Maintain test and build environments with the help of peers.
- Handle defect management along with the Technical Leads
- Responsible for improving both the build process and branching convention
- Work with the test team to integrate continuous integration into the build process
- Improve the automation of the delivery pipeline
What can OpenBet give you?
- The opportunity to interact with global teams
- Tangible career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to support some of the worldÛªs leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if thatÛªs not enough; you will get to enjoy amazing benefits, a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
If youÛªre the right Release Engineer for us youÛªll be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Administration and scripting skills on Unix/Linux
- A proven history of handling concurrent live releases preferably in an Agile environment to an e-commerce system.
- Comfortable in working with changing priorities
- Hands on experience using version control systems (Git, CVS, etc.)
- Hands on experience with build and release tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Artifactory
- Experience in software development or ideally in scripting automation and using automation tools
- Database Administration and SQL knowledge (any vendor)
If The OpenBet Story sounds right for you and youÛªre interested in finding out about how much more we have to offer ÛÒ then get in touch now!
Our world leading platform offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability processing over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets. OpenBet is the market leader in providing software for the betting and online gaming industry and is trusted by some of the world’s most successful operators including SportsBet, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet. Founded in 1996, OpenBet powers the largest share of the world’s online bets with global software deployments in multiple, legal gaming jurisdictions. With offices in Canada, Australia, Athens, Singapore and the UK, over 20 customers in the online gaming industry and over 100 partners worldwide, OpenBet provides the most open gaming platform and a product suite that ensures the very best and most flexible solution available. We are passionate about the work we do and have built a reputation on the high quality of our software, our delivery and client satisfaction.